Some reminders for your final portfolio:
- Make sure you include LOTS of process work. The more process work I see and the more thoughtful commentary that accompanies that work, the better. Ideally, I’d like to see between 3-4 layouts of process work PER assignment, and probably more than that for your final. Remember, we are treating drawing as a way of thinking, so I want to see how you treat each step in the process of creating a collage, what you were thinking about as you made those decisions, and why those decisions brought you to one conclusion or another.
- Don’t fuss over formattting – just use the template I provided, as no additional credit will be given to fanciful layout or formatting.
- Remember to “place” images in the document rather than copy and paste them – this will keep the file size smaller. The shortcut for placing images is “Ctrl+D”
- This will provide helpful tips for resizing, cropping and placing images: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/indesign/cs/using/WSa285fff53dea4f8617383751001ea8cb3f-6f2fa.html
- Once your document is completed, go to File -> Adobe PDF Presets -> High Quality Print. Use the standard settings. When you name your file, please name it lastname_firstname_portfolio.pdf, i.e. Hara_Michael_portfolio.pdf
- To send me the file, use the website www.yousendit.com. Send your file to firstname.lastname@example.org (my email address).
Portfolios are due at 9:00 P.M. on Thursday, the 18th. Late submissions will be docked 10% per day, so do NOT turn them in late.